Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 3

Postby André » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:40 am
Gerda,

that is true. Seems odd. But if you look at the writing on the sides it sometimes has different new symbols like " grüne punkt", CE markings, recyclingsymbols, "not suitable for children under 3 years old"-symbols :) etc.

I just think Schleich had to adapt to the rules in the countries they would like to sell the items in. It seems to be the same with the new boxes, they have new symbols all the time. For example the new peyo creation boxes have warning text in chinese, arabic, etc, which the others didn´t have.

Just a guess./André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:24 am
I'd say you are correct, Andre. Back then each country had their own rules, so I guess the European Union really worked out for Schleich. They don't have to print so many different boxes anymore.

Smurfs in Arabic looks like fun. I wonder if they have their own Smurfette variation? :o
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:44 am
Maureen,

maybe that is the 2010 year smurfs. Different cultures. I don´t think Schleich would dare doing a Smurfette with a burka. Could be nice though.

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:37 pm
I went to the toystore to see if they had get the new boxes for the drummer and gargamels lab. And also if they have recieved the new smurfs, but I came back with these 3 african elephants instead. :)

They are for my daughters 11th birthday in february. She collects animals from the wildlife serie and my other 8 year old daughter collects from the farmlife serie.

I couldn´t go home emptyhanded, right?

The asian elephants she had before.

/André

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:12 pm
I love elephants too. :-D

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:11 pm
Your daughters are on the right track, Andre...they are not quite there yet but pretty close (at least they are collecting Schleich figures :) )

Seriously, the elephants look great. I am always impressed how detail oriented Schleich is :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 am
Yes Maureen It is my fault. :)

They have always looked in the Schleich-catalogues I get with the smurfs. So that´s how they got started. But so faar they play with them, as I think they should. At the same time they take real good care of them.

I think we can have 2 potential Schleichcollectors there. :D

I just have to guide them to the right track. The smurfs.

/André

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:07 am
Hej André,

what a co-incident. :D I have another Schleich collector in my family, for my mum loves African wild-life. Thus she decorated our floor with some lovely Schleich figurines from the series. :D
Page 3 of 3

Login