Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 4 of 7

Postby André » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:49 am
But sometimes you get lucky also.

I bought the rockinghorse in the german-box but instead I got the UK box and a version of the horse I didn´t had before. :D

/André

Postby André » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:45 am
Maureen,

there are so many versions of the supersmurfs so I don´t think there is a problem getting different smurfs in each box aswell. But many of the boxes also has the same content.

This is the playset versions I am talking about. If a seller has 5 of these in store at there website with one picture showing, they many times could have more than one version.

The box to the left is the new version with the ages 3 and up warning and both german, french and english writing beside the number. This box I guess is possible to get for all 10 playsets. The older one to the right with only german and french writing is possible to get for playset 1 to 8.

I found one more version of the rockinghorse from Hongkong. One with W.Berrie and one only with the Hongkong-marking. :)

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:16 am
So far I haven't had a problem (I've been buying the boxes for a while just took me a little break :D ) and always got the box I wanted. But I am not into the really rare boxes yet...and since I am "only" interested in the boxes (I probably already have the super smurf variation that comes with it) I don't bid too high on them so if it is the wrong box, that's ok, too...but like I said....so far so good :cheers:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby steveparkes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:30 am
I have the variation of that rockinghorse where the reigns are made from elastic. I like the english box for that one Andre
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby André » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:28 am
I have seen that variation with the elastic band on Dyar´s website. Seems very nice. :D

Here are the backsides of the playset-boxes.

If you look at the writing it says on the GermanFrench-box( in the middle) that you can collect 8 boxes. In this box you probably should not have any CE-marked parts.

The newer GermanFrenchEnglish-box tells you that there are 10 playsets and this also seems right because playset 9 and 10 was released around 84/85 and then they already had started with the new boxes. This box can both have CE-marked parts and not.

The Hongkong-box to the right tells you that there are 9 playsets, but if you look at the W.Berrie articlenumbers I don´t think number 6 and 10 were made by W.Berrie. :-? It is only on playset 9 you can read this. The other playsets from W.Berrie have other writing on the back.

/André

Postby André » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:25 am
I have to correct myself. :)

The GermanFrench-box have actually different writings on the back regarding on which playset you look at and how many that was released at that time. And on the higher numbers there is written that you can collect 10 playsets. So maybe there are number 9 and 10 also in this box. But I have never seen them.
:-?
/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:23 am
Andre,
I am not sure you mentioned this before

I received a German box today for the sledder. One side says "Super Schlumpf" and all the writing is in German. ON the other side there is a sticker over the box saying "Super Smurf". I have never seen this sticker before (I ordered it for the Super Schlumpf writing but now I am curious how common those super smurf stickers are)

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:43 am
Hi Maureen,

I have a couple of these with stickers. Sometimes it is hard to see if it is a Hongkong-box with supersmurf-writing or just a german-box with a sticker( if it is a bad picture). But the sticker has the ages 3 and up-warning beside the supersmurf writing. I am not looking for these boxes because it is not a different box it is just a way to use the old german-boxes instead of throwing them, I guess.

Here is a new supersmurf-set for 2009. :) :) :) :)

It is especially made for my smurfroom. I making a sign with smurfs to have on the toiletdoor. I will paint the swedish word for toilet on it so I just used a sticker for this picture. I had some spare parts from smurfettes bedroom to use. I made a small toilet roll for him aswell.

Do you think I can use this picture in the competition? I was only allowed to use one smurf? But maybe the outhouse can be in the competition? :D

/André

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:41 pm
I love that toilet!! :) :)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:09 pm
Hi Maureen,

I have a couple of these with stickers. Sometimes it is hard to see if it is a Hongkong-box with supersmurf-writing or just a german-box with a sticker( if it is a bad picture). But the sticker has the ages 3 and up-warning beside the supersmurf writing. I am not looking for these boxes because it is not a different box it is just a way to use the old german-boxes instead of throwing them, I guess.

/André
I actually bought it because of the "super schlumpf" writing as I didn't know about the other side, so I am ok with it :-D

I am kinda debating whether or not I should try to remove the sticker though :-?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm
That is one funny picture, Andre :) :) :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:44 pm
I think you should keep the sticker.

It is part of the way the boxes were sold.

I got five new boxes today. And some of the hongkongversions I didn´t had before. Like the Kayak and the fishing smurf.

/André

Postby André » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:11 pm
Hi again Maureen,

I was told that maybe only the gardener and the bobsled-smurfs was sold with this sticker. So if you see any other with this please let me now.

/André

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:55 am
@André: I love your toilet pic. :) :) :)

Postby SMURFSTEROCKS » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:02 am
OMG! I couldn't stop laughing at that picture André, too funny!
(Website is only viewable on Internet Explorer)

Postby Smurfysmurf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm
I received a few of the new boxes (by accident as the auctions showed the old polkadot boxes but I didn't mind at all :) :) )

I did notice something though, which I don't remember if it was mentioned before.

The new boxes seem to come in "different variations".
One of them has the warning printed on it, the other one has a sticker with the warning on it and one comes without the warning. It does make me wonder if every box comes with and without the warning :?

Hidden in the Woods

Postby steveparkes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33 am
I got my first Peyo Creations box on saturday Maureen..I didn't realise there were quite a few differences from the old 'polkadot' boxes..I think I'm going to have to get the lot now :) (Mine had no warning sticker on it)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby André » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:40 am
Hi Maureen,

I have not seen these markings before and don´t have them on my boxes. I only have 4 of them yet. If you look at all the languages and markings on the box I thought they had maked them "waterproof" (It is only 2 sides that has pictures and 4 sides with writing). And only had to make one version of the box and could use this everywhere.

/André

Postby André » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:27 am
Maureen,

I think these 2 pictures will "inspire" you, at least that is what I hope.

This is why I like the boxes. Almost for all the boxes there are also a special version. For example the weightlifters.

Here are the 4 possible boxes for these.

1. Polkadot, CE-marked one with pink suit.
2. Schlumpfiade box, germanmade smurf.
3. English box from Maia Borges, portugalmade smurf.
4. W.Berrie box, Hongkongmade smurf.

The one in front is the chinesemade one from the french magazine.

So it is 4 countries and on these the differences are quit big on both accessories and colours if you compare with other supers.

/André

Postby André » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:29 am
And this is a nice thing with the chinesemade one from the french magazine. It has a heart-tatoo. :D None of the other ones I have has this.

/André

Page 4 of 7

Login