Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 5

Postby André » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:52 am
8. Same as 7 but made in China.

Postby André » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:54 am
9. The newest one with peyo-"handwritten" logo. Made in China aswell.

Postby André » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:55 am
And if you add the different colours on the roofs on these you understand it gets many cottages!!!!! :-D

Postby André » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am
Maureen,

I have to add this also. I only collect these like I believe they were sold and do not combine the bases and the roofs in as many ways as possible.

If you would do this with for example the 8 french magazine cottages, It would be like this.

There are 8 different bases and 8 different roofs and 4 different butterflies.

This means that for each base there would be 8 possible roofs and for these 8 possible versions there would also be 4 different butterflies. This gives you 32 possible versions for each base and then there are 8 bases.

8*32 gives you 256 possible cottagevariations for only the ones sold for the french magazine. :shock: :shock: :shock: Did I got that correct. :o :) :) :D

Off course I only count these as 8 cottages. And it is the same with the other. Correct roof to correct base.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:49 am
:) :) :) :)

I do it the same way :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:01 am
Maureen,

would you like the markings on the large houses?

/André

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:11 am
I also now have 5 versions of the smurfette cottage if you want the markings when your checking your cottages.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:21 am
Andre.
Are your large houses the same as the ones on Dyar's site?

Five different Smurfette cottages? :shock: :shock:

Do they include the old and new one? I only have one of each so seeing a picture of the five different ones would be nice :D

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:53 am
Dyar has 4 hongkong-made ones on his website, but I guess these all have the same markings. I will ask him but I know he can´t check this anyway now, so regarding this we will have to get back later. I don´t collect the slightly different shades of orange of my houses because then I would end up with to many. I go by the markings and have 1 green roofed and 3 or 4 different orangeroofed markings. The CE-marked ones with red roof are the same as Dyars I would assume. I am not sure because I only know what he writes under the pictures and sometimes there can be more then one version but with the same information. I am pretty sure he has other markings on the cottages than mine, when he can check them. And I am really looking forward to this. :)

Regarding the smurfette cottages I have 5. One I have not recieved yet.

The 5 are: Hongkongmade, new chinamade( polkadot), 2 versions of germanmade ones without CE-marking and 1 germanmade with CE-marking.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:25 am
Thanks Andre :D

I found this old thread (from 2005) last night
http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=4728

Dyar doesn't go into much details about the markings on it, and I am sure he has a lot more since then, but maybe it helps you figure out what he has until he can check on it himself :cheers:

I also have some incomplete houses that I never checked for markings or variations myself, but I will do so when I get a chance. As much as I have already checked my collection, I am always hoping I may have overlooked something and suddenly discover something new :)

Hidden in the Woods

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:34 am
This is interesting because I haven't looked at my buildings that closely. Off to do that now. :D

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:37 am
Thanks for the link,

as I assumed the markings seems to be the same on the hongkong made houses. If you find more than one version of markings on these you could add the pictures to this thread. Also on the cottages I only could find one version. But I guess you collectors in US have more of these hongkongmade ones.

I will add pictures of the orange roofmarkings for the large house.

The markings on the new peyo creations house don´t have the "handwritten" peyo marking like the new cottages have. Maybe they put an old one in my new box or the large houses don´t have this new marking.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:58 am
I opened my Irwin box for the blue house (comes with the flute playing smurf) to look at the markings. The house has the same markings as your number 8, but the roof is very interesting. At first sight, you'd think it has no markings at all but when you look closely you see some traces of markings that are impossible to read. It looks like China though :-?

I am not sure if it shows on a picture or not. I am not sure if it's faded because the house was mint in the box and I never got it out until today when I checked for the markings.

Hidden in the Woods

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:54 am
Maureen,

I have the same on a couple of my roofs. Both on the new cottages and one smurfette roof.

I think it should look like number 5.

/André

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 am
The writing is:

Made in germany
CE C 78 Peyo
Schleich

I don´t know why it is so bad on some of the roofs

/André

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 am
The oldest roof on the large house has this marking.

This comes in both green and orange and has a hole in the roof behind the flowerbox. If you have a yellow flowerbox or a green key it goes with this roof. And of course all the different colours on the parts together with the green roof.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:36 am
after this they added peyo on the roof and the roof don´t have any hole behind the flowerbox anymore.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:37 am
The markings on the base are the same for all these 3.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 am
Then there is also this marking. The roof is very shiny lightorange and I have this with both spraypainted and handpainted dots.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:44 am
And also this base.
Page 2 of 5

Login