Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 5

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 am
Hongkongmade roof.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:48 am
And this base.

If you have any other markings on these hongkongmade ones please tell me.

After this there also are 3 or 4 versions of the red roofs and bases.

/André

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:52 am
this is the base for the smurfette cottage in polkadotbox

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:54 am
And the roof to this has the same bad markings as yours Maureen.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:56 am
smurfette roof number 2.

Before the CE marking

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:57 am
And this base.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 am
Then they added the CE marking.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:00 am
And the 3 base markings for smurfettes cottage.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:02 am
This is the roof for the hongkongmade cottage for smurfette.

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:07 am
this is the last picture of smurfettes cottage.

The base for this house is the only one of the hongkongmade ones I have that has W.Berrie markings.

There is also another smurfette house which I don´t have at my place yet.

This has the marking on the base:
C 78 Peyo
CE Schleich S
Made in Germany

/André

Postby steveparkes » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:24 am
Crikey, you really do have a smurf village Andre :) I've noticed checking mine that I have a Hong Kong roof with a West Germany base :banghead:
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm
Steve,

I have the same problem sometimes. The roofs and the bases don´t always match. And off course these are toys which have been played with so it is easy to assemble them wrong. Therefore it is intresting with the markings. You can actually figure out in which order they were sold. You know, W.Germany changed to Germany. Same marking with or without CE-marking. Schleich runningman or only Schleich.

But I am not actually sure which roofs goes with which bases on some of them and I don´t think they must have changed the markings on the roof at the same time as the base on some versions.

Do you know there is a National UK box for the cottages aswell?

I don´t have that one. :(

/André

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:30 pm
And one thing regarding the butterflies.

If you have a cottage without the CE-marking you most likely should have a painted butterfly. The sellers tend to add new butterflies with the cottages to make them complete. As you know these easily breaks where they are attached to the roof. I have seen some on websites but I seriosly doubt they were ever sold like that. I have not seen any cottages on old posters or in old catalogues with unpainted butterflies. But I could be wrong here. :-?

It is the same with the doors, windows and doorframes. The best way is to look at old pictures of the cottages, because it is the same with these. Sellers tend to make there cottages complete with spareparts.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:43 pm
Very true, Andre

I often wondered which butterflies go with which cottages. It's easy with the unpainted ones but not really that clear with the old ones and the different butterflies (red or blue pattern, at least it's red on the old box but I haven't seen too many of those)

I also wondering about the door frames and house..and quite frankly had given up on finding the correct combination after a while. Like I said I think the newer houses are fairly easy, but it's the old ones that confuse me.

For example, do all three older roofs (green, blue, red) come with a set of light and dark brown doors and windows..should the darker windows/doorframes belong to the HK markings only :-?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:06 pm
I have seen one red painted butterfly on a ebayauktion and the seller told me it was bought in a shop when they were children. And this was a old collection from a seller who never had sold any other smurfs before so it seemed genuine. I did no win that auktion and I don´t think you can know for sure if this was genuine or not.

Regarding the doors I have seen both grey and brown windows, doors, doorframes. And heartshaped and not in old catalogues so regarding these I just leave what is on the house when I get it. But darkbrown doors and windows I would say belong to the hongkong-made ones. And the grey and lightbrown ones to the germanmade ones. These you should not mix. Have you seen any other on older cottages??

But there are off course the new cottages which have darkbrown doors and windows. But these should be the only one marked germany which should have these. And these were made in China. No older cottages.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:58 pm
Regarding the doors I have seen both grey and brown windows, doors, doorframes. And heartshaped and not in old catalogues so regarding these I just leave what is on the house when I get it. But darkbrown doors and windows I would say belong to the hongkong-made ones. And the grey and lightbrown ones to the germanmade ones. These you should not mix. Have you seen any other on older cottages??

/André
That's how I put mine together. I remember having a hard time when I put them together for pictures but finally decided to use the dark brown ones for the HK houses since HK smurfs always seem to be darker than the Germany marked ones.

When I bought smurf lots on ebay and there were houses in there (I have never actively seeked the houses so far) a lot was mix and not matched which made it so hard for me when I decided to tackle the houses for real. As you can see I don't havec many cottages/houses yet, simply because I used to sell them when I thought they were doubles and never even knew to look at the markings :banghead:

Your pictures will come in very handy when I concentrate on them in more detail :relieved:
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby steveparkes » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:05 pm
There is a National box for the cottages Andre? Do you have a photo? I remember buying the cottages (I had the red and blue) when I was a kid from National garages, I remember them having painted blue parts on the butterflies and definately tan doors and grey frames.
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

Postby André » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:17 am
Here is the box and the cottage.

I think I was the only one seeing this. :) :) :) Martin tells me I have eagleeyes. :) :) :D

I have marked the parts different from the other versions. It is the beginning of the writing on the front and the top of the box that got my attention.

I was about to buy this when my internet crashed and I assure you I was very angry at my computer at that time. :banghead:

Not even the buyer knew this but he or she told me that it had a nationel "ref" on the box.

And it suits perfectly with the description you have made Steve.

/André

Postby steveparkes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 am
I remember having that box actually Andre - I remember the smurfs on it :banghead: Interesting to notice that the butterfly is painted red not blue

Postby André » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:00 am
Steve,

the butterfly is painted with blue dots. :o

I guess it is early morning in UK aswell.

On the box the butterfly is painted red as usual. :) :)

/André
Page 3 of 5

Login