Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby Fram » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:23 am
Well, since you added the National one, perhaps you could also include the Schimmel Piano. It's the only other promotional Super I know of that has it's own box! I don't have it though, and I haven't seen it on eBay in a while... I'll post a link when I come across it!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:06 am
LOL....yes I forgot about that one too. I wasn't going to include the promos (National Petrol) but then I figured that they are different super boxes so they should be included. I may be able to get some pics of the boxes so if I can then I will include them here. Thanks Fram once again....you're making this a more complete list.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:18 am
I'm still looking for better photo's, but I may have found two different versions of the new boxes... :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:07 am
Really?....in which way?....you mean 2 different versions of the blue polkadot boxes? If so I would be very interested to know what they are.

The 2 I didn't have pictures of have been purchased so when they arrive I can add photos of them plus the other one you mention Fram.

I do know there are 2 versions of the box with the actual print of "Gargamel & Azrael" as well regarding a little box down below that states either "As Seen on TV" or "As Seen on NBC".

I think I started out to not be that comprehensive with the report but as I went along I decided to add more and more. The Gargamel & Azrael is a classic example as I was aware of the 2 differences regarding the "As seen on.." bit but didn't think they were worthy of inclusion....but I guess you might as well go the whole way.

Thanks for your help with this Fram....I learnt a lot by doing this and by listening to what else you found during your searches on ebay. If you have found another one then I would love to see it.

Cheers

Dyar

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:15 am
Well, I hav no good references yet, but there seems to be one version of the new boxes with a Smurf head in the upper right corner, and one with a drawing of a Smurf in a circle of text in the same corner. Perhaps it are two sides of the same box, I haven't checked that yet, but otherwise it are two versions!

Love the Gargamel variations... That's the kind of thing that can drive you nuts :)

I guess we'll leave the changes in the small print for the real freaks? 8)

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:08 am
Hey Fram...you are 100% correct. I never thought to check these as I thought they would all be the same but nope, there is a difference...well spotted. I checked both sides and they feature the same pic on both sides so they are definately not the same box.

Here are the pics of the variations spotted by Fram

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:03 am
Yep, that's what I meant!

Is this yet yet yet another one? It's like version 12, but the picture does not go beyond the bottom, and it seems (but hard to tell) that the letters TM are missing in the title.

Postby Fram » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:47 am
On the other hand, this box in version 11 does go over the bottom, whereas it shouldn't. Perhaps it has nothing to do with what type it is, but just with what Smurf? e.g. Hurdler will always cross the bottom, while wieghtlifter never does? Just suggesting, have no possibility to check it out. Otherwise it's another variation again...

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:51 pm
Hi Fram

It looks like the trademark symbol on that box is missing, it's minor but still interesting to point it out as it is difference.

You may also be right with the fact that different smurfs have pics that go over the edge. I will have to see as I get more supers arriving and I will check the ones I have at home as well.

I just received the Gargamel & Azrael box this morning so I will post that pic tonight.

Thanks again :D

Dyar

Postby Fram » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:27 am
Long night you have there in Australia :) :) :)

I wouldn't consider this a real variation, but this blister I posted in the 'check on ebay' forum is interesting for this topic as well, I guess. Not a variation, just a curiosum!

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:55 am
Hi Fram

That's an interesting one and I haven't seen one like that before. I have seen the ones that duckburg has for sale which look really cool but this was news to me.

I will post the pic here again because we will lose the one in the auction before too long and it's worth keeping for future reference.

The second pic is of the ones that i have seen duckburg sell on his website and on some of this auctions.

I know very little about these so if anyone else knows anything then please let me know

Cheers

Dyar

Image Image

Postby attombomb7 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:15 pm
very nice pics!!

great box info too! :cheers:
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Fram » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:52 am
If you still need or want those 'Olympian Smurf' boxes, this auction has four of them, and states that they are very rare. Don't know if that is true though :lol:

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:22 am
Thank you Fram.

I think I will put a late bid on these.....lol.....if I can afford to. :(

Dyar

Postby Fram » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:56 am
Well, as you haven't posted the pic of variation 14 yet, I thought it might be good to link to an auction that has one. They seem to turn up only very rarely? :-?

EDIT: or perhaps I don't check eBay UK often enough :) :) :)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:48 am
LOL....Rach beat me to the second one but I have gone for the other. Thanks for posting Fram and good luck Rach :D

Dyar

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:49 am
EDIT: or perhaps I don't check eBay UK often enough
I'm watching that one and I don't have that one yet, so don't not go for it because Rachel is Dyar. :)

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:18 am
It will be a clean honourable fight. :duel: :)
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:44 am
Yes are you leavin Richard in charge of the bidding again? Hee hee, because if so I might be in with a chance! 8)

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:08 am
I was outbidded on the Discus one and I can't afford to go any higher this week so I am out of the running...I will leave it to the pros.

Dyar :(
Page 2 of 3

Login