Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:17 am
4. MUSHROOM PLAYSET

-----------------
Mushrooms
-----------------

1. light orange & red, without white spots - W Germany Schleich Emblem

2. dark orange, without white spots - W Germany Schleich Emblem

3. dull orange - W Germany Schleich Emblem

4. dull light red - W Germany Schleich Emblem

5. dull red - W Germany Schleich Emblem

6. dull dark red - W Germany Schleich Emblem

7. shiny dark red - Schleich S Germany CE

The different shades aren't that clear in the photo but they are different. I know some people say that unless they can see the differences clearly in the photo then they are not variations...I suppose there is some merit to that line of thinking but then again maybe a better photographer would show them clearer too.

no.2 (dark orange without spots) arrived after this report was done and is not included in the photos.

-----------------
Flowers
-----------------

All markings - W Germany Schleich Emblem

1. green Stem, white Petals

2. light green Stem, waxy-yellow Petals

3. green Stem, yellow petals

4. dark green Stem, yellow petals

5. dark green Stem, light orange petals

Image Image

One thing odd about these is the fact that despite buying the old box and also the new one (with the blue polkadot pattern) all of these flowers had the same markings which is W Germany Schleich Emblem. This is odd since that is regarded as an early marking and I thought for sure there should of been a coupel with the "CE" marking. Does anybody have one with anything other than the markings I have?

I of course do not have the Flower with the white petals but I am looking for one. You may also remember the poster that Gerda showed us with the Flowers and the different coloured petals which were blue, red and possibly one other colour. I guess these could also be included as testversions. I have never seen them other than the photo but would love to have them all the same.

The Flowers also appear in Playset 3 and also the Gate & Fence composite Playset and the Well composite Playset.

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:25 am
----------
Grass
----------

all markings Schleich S W Germany

1. dull dark green

2. shiny dark green

3. dull light green

4. rubbery light green

---------
Rocks
---------

1. dull light grey - W Germany Schleich Emblem

2. shiny grey - W Germany Schleich Emblem

3. shiny dark grey - Hong Kong

These Rocks can also be found in the Astro playset and also with the Chain Gang super smurf which is where my Hong Kong ones came from.

------------
BOXES
------------

1. older box with number 4 (German/French)
2. older box with number 4 (English)
3. older “SMURF MUSHROOM PLAYSET!!”
4. blue polkadot box
5. blue polkadot box, composite set w/ Snail (still trying to get this one)

Postby steveparkes » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:52 am
Ah, so the white flowers came with the mushroom set then? I have some with my gate playset:

Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk
Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:59 am
Ah, so the white flowers came with the mushroom set then? I have some with my gate playset:

Hi Steve

They possibly only came with the Gate playset but I am doing the Flowers overall as part of the Mushroom playset report....mainly because I forgot to do it during the Gate playset report...lol.

I really want one of those for my collection....but they seem hard to find these days.

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:13 am
I just bought these 3 sets tonight.

It's the dark green (Kwak), green & also light green Garden Accessories sets with (wahoooo) the Ladders.....honestly who gets excited about a damn ladder :-?

Unfortunately they didn't have the Wheelbarrows with them but still I finally have the green Ladders now.

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:42 am
5. SAIL BOAT PLAYSET

1. pale yellow Boat, light red Seat/Floor, dark red-brown Mask, Anchor & Rudder
- Schleich S W Germany

2. light yellow Boat, dark red Seat/Floor, dark brown Mask, Anchor & Rudder
- Schleich S W Germany

3. yellow Boat, pinkish-red Seat/Floor, light brown Mask, Anchor & Rudder
- Hong Kong

4. light caramel Boat, dark brown Seat/Floor , brown Mask & Rudder , no Anchor (Alfred J Kwak)
- Schleich S W Germany CE

Once again I have 4 Boats and all 4 are different.....does that mean that if I bought another one tonight that it would be different again?....Chances are that it would be....but it's just weird that there seems to be so many differences. The only thing I can think of is that some of these items have been made over many years so I guess variations are not that surprising.

Image Image

----------
BOXES
----------

1. older box with number 5 (German/French)
2. older box with number 5 (English)

I have never seen this playset in the newer blue polkadot design so I am pretty confident that it was never released with that packaging. Has anyone got any different Boxes to the ones pictured below?

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 01, 2005 6:06 am
6. PETROL STATION PLAYSET

There's not a lot I can say about this one seeing as I have only bought one complete playset of the Petrol Station. However I did win an auction of spare parts last year which included the Shelter that stands over the petrol pump and surprise surprise...it was actually different to the one I had. The one I bought in the complete playset was light grey and the spare parts auction featured a dark grey Shelter.

I have also included the National Garage promo as this seems to go well with my spare Shelter but as you all know is not actually anything to do with playset 6. I might as well add that you can also buy a BP attendant with BP Petrol Pump just like the National Garage although I don't think the BP one ever came with a box.....not as far as I know anyway.

So not much info to add on Playset 6 but this report wouldn't be complete if I left it out....if anyone knows anything more then please contribute to this thread.

Dyar

Markings: W Germany....at least on the one I have anyway

Image Image

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 01, 2005 6:24 am
7. WELL PLAYSET

-----------------
WELLS
-----------------

1. HONG KONG - Base dull green, Bucket pale yellow, Winch dull brown, Well darker grey

2. W Germany - Base bright dark green, Bucket light yellow, Winch dark dull brown, Well grey

3. W Germany - Base bright dark green, Bucket light yellow, Winch very dark brown, Well grey

4. W Germany CE - Base light green, Bucket waxy light yellow with thicker section on handle, Winch dark brown, Well grey

5. W Germany CE - Base very light green with grey painted rocks, Bucket dark yellow with thicker section on handle, Winch dull brown, Well light grey

6. W Germany CE ALFRED J KWAK - Base dull dark green, Bucket dark brown, Winch & sides of arms above well dark grey, Well very light grey.

Image Image

Here's a look at the different buckets from each one which also represents the same colours on other sections of the Well like the Winch holder. Notice the thicker parts on some of the handles. The brown Kwak Bucket was bought without the handle but the seller included this very trendy red wire to hold the bucket....quite a shame really as it would of been nice to have the Handle as well....if anyone gets a spare handle then I would love to have one...even if it was a different colour.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 01, 2005 6:30 am
Here are some of the different boxes including the Kwak version...

Postby attombomb7 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:52 am
great report Dyar.. that sure is helpful ...

I'm also searching for variation flowers.. I want that white one too and a blue or red one.

I was surprised you have so much grass too:) :) :) :) :) :)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun May 01, 2005 8:05 pm
I was surprised you have so much grass too:) :) :) :) :) :)
Well I used to have a lot more but I........well, kind of inhaled....accidentally of course.

:cool:

Postby Rachel » Mon May 02, 2005 3:32 am
More fantastic info, Thank You Dyar.

I can't wait to check what I have and haven't got when we finally move and unpack, I have a suspicion though that my wanted list is going to get a lot bigger. :sillyme:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby Syd Smurf » Mon May 02, 2005 3:41 am
The thing is that this is just what I have.....every time I get something new they are different again and besides the Kwak version I have never expected them to be any different. I could be overly pedantic but they are all different.....I truly believe that the ones that you guys have would be different again even if slightly. I guess they made these playsets over many years and variations would just happen over time....but it still amazes me as I really have no idea what I have until I do these reports. I am doing them for my Katalog and just sharing the results as they are finished. Hopefully you guys will now have a closer look at your ones and notice little difference between them too.

Dyar

Postby Rachel » Mon May 02, 2005 4:16 am
I know what you mean. :yes:

I had also thought there were just the old and the new playsets with maybe the odd country variation but you have certainly opened my eyes. I will defintely checking into it more, it is just so difficult with so much out there........ :aargh:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby Smurf1303 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:02 am
Hi Dyar,

Firslty great info, not really that interested in playsets so really hadn't realised there was so many variants! Thanks for compiling this info (and sharing it)

You mention several times Alfred J Kwak, which is a name I vaguelly recognise but can't remember why? Did they (he?) just produce playsets or other things as well (ie figures...actually not sure if I want to know actually as that would mean there'd be even more figures I didn't have and hence cost me more money!)?

Helen

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:22 pm
I won this auction last night!
What first caught my eye was the mushroom, I have gone mad on mushrooms lately.....

Even though I read this post I had forgotten the mention of the red flowers and my first thought was that some one had been getting creative with the paint!

Anyway I now have 3 yellow flowers, two white flowers and this red one!

Trish

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:41 pm
Congratulations Trish....I had 2 bids on that auction as well but I'm glad it went to someone from the forum.......the red flowers look cool don't they and they are very rare too so you did really well. Let us know about them when they arrive.

Dyar
Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:05 pm
You mention several times Alfred J Kwak, which is a name I vaguelly recognise but can't remember why? Did they (he?) just produce playsets or other things as well (ie figures...actually not sure if I want to know actually as that would mean there'd be even more figures I didn't have and hence cost me more money!)?
Hi Helen

Thanks for the nice words and I apologise to others for the remaining posts to finish off the playsets as they were lost during the forum crash recently.

I didn't know a lot about Alfred J Kwak before and I am still no expert but Fram could probably tell you a little more about the character.....what I can tell you is Alfred J Kwak is a fictional duck chracter that was originally a comic and later made into cartoons although I think they were only shown to parts of Europe so that's why many people are not familiar.

The characters, playsets and buildings for the Alfred J Kwak figures/accessories were made by Schleich during the 90s but only for a limited time so they are now very rare. I have a few of these pieces such as:

River Raft
Hammock
Stove (which is green)
Fence & Gate playset
Garden Furniture (ladder, table, stools, bench & Wheelbarrow which are dark green)
Well playset
Lake playset
Boat playset
Tree Swing
Farm
Windmill

I am still missing the Vanity Table (as in the Smurfette super smurf one) which has white instead of brown and there is also a bed (same as the super smurf) which is also white instead of brown. Der Schlumpf Katalog mentions many of these as testversions but they are infact Alfred J Kwak items that people have put smurfs with when selling on Ebay because the smurf market is a lot bigger and also because they are exactly the same moulds. The only thing above that is not identical in mould to a smurf item is the Lake playset which seems to be an exclusive Kwak item.

I hope that helps a little to explain what they are

Here are some pics from my collection...the green stove is with other smurf items so ignore the other things there. Also the Graden Furniture items have the lighter green smurf ones in there as well but the Kwak items are the darker green. The dark green Wheelbarrow will be arriving next week so I don't have a pic of that and the Tree Swing is the same as the smurf one except it does not have the green around the base but I don't have a pic handy right now but can take a pic if anyone wants to see the difference.

Dyar

Postby Yonna » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:52 am
How stupid is that!! To make tha smurf stufff on different color and produce it as Alfred J. Kwak!!! Sound kind of dumn to me. :???:
Go ahead! Smurf my day!
Postby Smurf1303 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:21 pm
Thanks very much fo the info Dyer.

Can I just ask when you say 'tree swing' do you mean the one which is num 162 in der katalogue IV p329?

Also where were they produced, from the 'spiel' on the box, I'd guess Germany?

I know, I'd don't want much!
Helen
Page 2 of 3

Login