Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 2 of 3

Postby Lia » Sat May 15, 2010 3:33 pm
smurfettes

Postby Lia » Sat May 15, 2010 3:35 pm
spassmachers

Postby Lia » Sat May 15, 2010 3:36 pm
tailors

Postby André » Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 am
Great find Lia.

You are lucky to have that house!!! It is awesome!! :-D
André

In Sweden the smurfs are blue ( and yellow).

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Smurfy blog: http://smurfblog.thecursedcountry.com/

Postby Lia » Sun May 30, 2010 3:30 am
I`m glad that lots of my double Herings arrived safely in various countries all over the world :D
Thank you all!
I noticed this week an interesting variation on my Hering telephones.
There is a H telephone with erased markings too, but here I show you 2 others.
The first one has the "normal" hering markings, but the second one is marked twice with Hering made in brazil and nò peyo or schleich on it.
I think, it`s am interesting variation! :D

Lia

Postby Lia » Sun May 30, 2010 3:30 am
2e

Postby Macbee » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 pm
Hi!
I'm Marcelo "Macbee" and I'm new here at the board. I have 14 or 15 Hering Smurfs so I decided to collaborate with your "investigation" :)
My Smurfs aren't in excellent shape - but if you consider that I've got them when I was four years old it's a miracle they still exists! :)

I'll start with my "champion Smurf" (I don't know their real names).
In other countries this toy had other Smurf to shake his hand - but there's no other "shaking hand" Smurf in the Brazilian line.

His markings:

(Sorry for the bad quality pictures. I'll try to take better ones soon!)

Postby André » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 am
Great smurf Marcelo. :D

I have a question for you. I hope you are not so secret about your age, so what year was you 4 years old? Because I would like to know between which years Hering manufactured smurfs. Maybe you already know this?? :-D
André

Website: The collectors guide to the smurfs ( under construction) : http://thecursedcountry.com/

Postby bundleofkent » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:53 pm
I mentioned this to Christy also but the SPY is a new mold variation......it is more "modern" than the old 1966 variation and I love it....if anyone has one I would love it

Martin

Postby Macbee » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:32 pm

I have a question for you. I hope you are not so secret about your age, so what year was you 4 years old? Because I would like to know between which years Hering manufactured smurfs. Maybe you already know this?? :-D
André I'm 30 years old. :)
The following information is not 100% reliable - just memories from my young head in the 80s:

I believe Hering started to make Smurfs around 1984. I've got my first ones (cowboy and guitarist) in 84 after seeing my cousins with other Smurfs (and begging for a few). I knew these were new toys because I always loved the Smurfs cartoon and I was always inside toy stores (so I would know about these miniatures if they existed before).
I'm not completely sure but I honestly doubt that Hering released Smurfs in Brazil before 1984.

I also don't know when our line was cancelled. I've got my last two Smurfs when I was much older (8 or 9 years old) and I guess the production stopped around this time period (in the end of the 80s).

Brazil's first contact with Smurfs was the Hanna-Barbera cartoon. And these characters were popular here only when the show aired on television. I'm sure the Herings were a product strictly from the 80s.

Smurfs are out of Brazilian TV for ages but Sunny toy company started to release these toys again a few years ago: http://pasteldevento.org/2009/08/23/che ... urfs-2009/
(I have no info about Sunny toys but it seems to be popular since they're still on stores)

=====================

I will post pictures of other Smurf I have.. The one with wings:

His (discreet) marking:

Postby Lia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:17 am
That`s very interesting info Marcelo!! Thanks!

I showed my Hering hanggliders before, but I will show them here again, one has a blue back, the other one is in lighter colors and has a red back.

Lia

Postby Lia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 am
The Hering spy exist in 2 variations, mat ans shiny.
There are also variations in markings, the "normal" one, with written words and the erased version

Lia

Postby Lia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 am
markings 1

Postby Lia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:21 am
marking 2

Postby André » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:46 am

André I'm 30 years old. :)
The following information is not 100% reliable - just memories from my young head in the 80s:

I believe Hering started to make Smurfs around 1984. I've got my first ones (cowboy and guitarist) in 84 after seeing my cousins with other Smurfs (and begging for a few). I knew these were new toys because I always loved the Smurfs cartoon and I was always inside toy stores (so I would know about these miniatures if they existed before).
I'm not completely sure but I honestly doubt that Hering released Smurfs in Brazil before 1984.

I also don't know when our line was cancelled. I've got my last two Smurfs when I was much older (8 or 9 years old) and I guess the production stopped around this time period (in the end of the 80s).

Brazil's first contact with Smurfs was the Hanna-Barbera cartoon. And these characters were popular here only when the show aired on television. I'm sure the Herings were a product strictly from the 80s.
Thanks for that info Marcelo. I remember when I was 30 years old back in the 1940s. :lol: At least it seems like that. :) :)

I have recently past 40 years so I started with the smurfs in the mid 70s. And stopped before Hering made their smurfs for Schleich.

I assume you and Lia will get along very well here writing about the Hering-smurfs. :-D And the Hering-smurfs and the Minimodels are smurfs I will try to get more off. Lia has already got me started by sending me a Argentinian Minimodelsmurfette. Thanks Lia!!!!
André

Postby Pitufo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:00 am
And the Hering-smurfs and the Minimodels are smurfs I will try to get more off
Hering and argentinian minimodels are very interesting smurfs for collect...The number of different hering is fixed for the gaps the house has (23 different), but the number of argentinian smurfs is bigger. SOme of them with and some other without markings, and a lot of fakes...That makes those smurfs very interesting to collect...And as Lia has shown, the different markings and even some coliours of hering is a good reason for going on looking for them

:D :D
JOAQUÍN

Postby Macbee » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:22 am
These are all my Herings. If you have a specific question on markings or colors feel free to ask for more detailed photos!

Postby Tojo » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:46 am
Very nice smurfs Marcelo & interesting information too :D

I don't have any Hering or Minimodels at all :( but maybe I'll come across some in the future :D
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby Lia » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:29 am
Are all your Heringsmurfs marked "hering made in brazil" Marcelo?
They probably are!
Because the stranger versions with erased markings and 3 stripes, usually come from Argentina.
I even know of some Hering smurfs that are painted in the argentinian way.

Lia

Postby Macbee » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:16 pm
Are all your Heringsmurfs marked "hering made in brazil" Marcelo?
They probably are!
Because the stranger versions with erased markings and 3 stripes, usually come from Argentina.
I even know of some Hering smurfs that are painted in the argentinian way.

Lia
I checked all and these are the results:

- Only 5 of my 14 Smurfs have "Made in Brazil" marks.
- The one with the flowers and the present (that always hides a bomb in cartoon) have 3 stripes.
- The eight remaining have almost unreadable Hering markings or no markings at all (like Smurfette).

But I'm sure that all of them are Brazilian since imported products were not common here in the 80s. Until 1985 we were ruled by dictatorship governments and we had little or no access to foreign products (only licensed, made in Brazil versions of international stuff was available).

President Fernando Collor was one of the big responsibles for opening Brazil's doors to foreign companies and products - but this happened much later (1990).
In fact the only foreign Smurf toy I see in my ENTIRE life was Gargamel. I had a rich classmate in 3rd grade and after an international vacation she bought a Gargamel. Everyone at school was impressed since we only had seen the same few Smurfs over and over for years :)
Page 2 of 3

Login