Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 1
Postby Gerda » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 am
Mo and I where talking about yellow variations and I thought i take a look through the good book and see what is all out there, I knew of a few off the top of my head but was surprised to actually find so many smurfs that used yellow in variations, I will make a list of the ones where yellow is a harder to find variation of the smurfs, I know some of these are questionable as to there legitamacy but I will list them anyway.

Shiver with yellow scarf
yellow lantern
brainy with yellow glasses
drummer with yellow sticks
sleepwalker with yellow pom pom
swimmer with ring
doctor yellow lantern
choir leader with yellow stick
yellow flower (often beleived to be fake)
papa band leader in yellow jacket
handstand in yellow shorts
hammer
cake with inverted colors
priate yellow belt
fisherman yellow pole
archer yellow bow (detachable)
liontammer
umbrella
santa yellow trumpet
footballer with yellow shirt
papa lab glass (one glass yellow)
baby with ice cream and yellow collar

supers
sledder
chim sweep
skateboarder
sign bearer with yellow sign
fireman
lifeguard (yellow flag)

out of all the different variations out there I wonder why the color yellow was used less often therefore makeing that variation harder to find. In the later smurfs where they are more colorfull there isn't this oddity.

Just an observation on my part and a bit of a surprise as I knew there where "yellow" variations but did not notice how many. Btw if anyone can add to the list it would be great, not sure if I missed any. Like I said I only listed the ones where yellow was the harder to find smurf.

gerda
happily smurfing along

Postby steveparkes » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:37 am
There are alot of yellow variations..do you count the yellow sunbather? or the hiker with brown/yellow flower? :)
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Lia » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:57 am
And the injured with yellow feet...
and the traveller with yellow bag

Lia

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 am
at leats the yellow traveller bag is a fake. This coming from Tom&Jerry.
And the injured I never seen one that was looking good to me

Postby Lia » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:22 am
I have 2 different yellow bags, one for sure is original ( I hope)

Postby bundleofkent » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:40 pm
The injured is good Tine but obviously faked easily: I have one where the yellow foot is identical in colour to the arm bandage- Bully HK!! Genuine

Postby Smurfysmurf » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:15 pm
Geez Gerda, did I really say I have them all now? I don't think so although i may have to look thru them again...

I don't think I have seen the signbearer with the yellow sign though :-?

Other than that I now have all the supers..or I have them soon :winks: :-D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:33 pm
@lia...what is difference between both yellow bags... I know my one is a fake...

Postby bundleofkent » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 am
It may have been Rachel who told me this but I think the reason yellow variations were often in the UK only was that the blue/white/yellow was the National petrol colours. I know this doesn't hold true for the chimney sweep but nevertheless it's the best theory I know of

Postby Lia » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:27 am
@tine: I know that on many collector- sites , the green sticks are mentioned as Tom and Jerry items.
But I do not know if this counts too for the white and yellow stick??
It could very well be true, I have not much knowledge about Tom and Jerry
well, I`ll show a few of the sticks in my collection.

I`m always happy to hear the opinion of experienced collectors!
let`s see what they have to say.

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 am
Ok...my story... I got my
green bag from "Ida Bohata" (but also seen on Tom&Jerry).I
yellow bag from Tom&Jerry (what is for sure because I bought this figures for 1$ with that yellow bag attached)
white bag (I don't know the origin)

my yellow bag is looking exactly like the left one. So this is for sure not original. The right one never seen before but the mold is completely different...

Postby Lia » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:53 am
That different mold from my yellow stick on the right, exists also in red.
They were sold as prototypes.
Whether this is complete nonsense or true, I really don`t know.
I only saw them twice before and it would be nice to find out if someone on the forum has them in his/her collection.

Postby steveparkes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:39 am
I have a photo somewhere of a line of tom and jerry figures I saved, I'll try and dig it out
Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby Gerda » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 am
imps could have saved us all alot of guessing if they would not have cross sold the same mold. :banghead: For instance they used smurf items such as the windmill, well, bed and more in the alfred kwak items, just as a different color. makes it hard to really know what is what.

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 1

Login