Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 2
Postby Pitufo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:27 pm
Hi everyone!!!!I think some of you have seen the way I have displayed my smurfs...I use the DETOLF Ikea cabinets...

http://www.ikea.com/es/es/catalog/products/10119206

The only problem they have is that there are two many cms between a shelf and the next one, so too much space lost...I have managed last weeks to put an extra shelf btw two others, and this is the result...You can use a cabinet for about 340 smurfs but this way you can use it for about 680 smurfs!!!

Don´t ask me how I have done it, because I don´t know to explain it in spanish, so you can imagine how I would explain it in english!!!!

Hope someone can use this help!!!!!!
JOAQUÍN

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:45 pm
Hi Joaquin, I love how you have added an extra shelf, you have done a great job. :-D

This is what I love about the Ikea cabinets, plenty of room of expansion. I hope to add extra shelves to mine one day. :D
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:26 pm
It looks a lot better without so much space between shelves, Joaquin :D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Tojo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:48 pm
Oh yeah, that's much much better & so much more room for all your smurfs Joaquin.

I put extra shelves in the cupboard I have too & I'm so pleased that I did it.
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby FlamingO » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:49 am
Wow, thanks Joaquin :D If I added extra shelves I could get my whole collection into one cabinet :) I'm sure I could find a space somewhere for it and the units are so well priced :-D
Postby bradley » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:39 am
Don´t ask me how I have done it, because I don´t know to explain it in spanish, so you can imagine how I would explain it in english!!!!
Those are the same Ikea cabinets that I have to display my smurfs. I want to know how you did that! heh! As those cabinets only have the set fixtures for the shelves and you can't alter them or add new shelves.

Brad.

Postby smurfieduck » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:14 am
Looking good, Joaguin!!! It's given me an idea of how to neatly, and in one place, display my smurfies. :-D

You have done a terrific job adding more shelves. I wish I knew how you did it, though. :-?

:D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:45 am
You have done an excellent job there Joaquin, like people have already said, it looks much better and you have used the space available really well :D

:-D :beer:

Postby Ritter_Schlumpfenherz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:51 am
These cabinets looks adorable, Joaquin. :love: You did a great job adding extra shelves. :D

Postby Pitufo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:28 am
Those are the same Ikea cabinets that I have to display my smurfs. I want to know how you did that! heh! As those cabinets only have the set fixtures for the shelves and you can't alter them or add new shelves.
Hi, everyone!!!!!!!!Glad you like my cabinets...But it is not my job but a friend´s...I am too clumsy to do it!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) I will try to take a better pic so you can see it better, Brad...Meanwhile, let´s see if this pics can help you
JOAQUÍN

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:41 am
Excellent cabinets, Joaquin...they look much better with more shelves too :D
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby Cassiebsg » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:43 am
Congrats on the new addition! Those look great.
Now if the IKEA pll had thought about expantion of shelfs, they probably would be selling more - I know I would get one. :)

I thought about it, but... expensive and too few shelfs.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:03 am
Thanks for the picture Joaquin, I was wondering how you had added the extra shelf. :-D
Now if the IKEA pll had thought about expantion of shelfs, they probably would be selling more - I know I would get one.
I have to admit, I had intended getting the same cabinets as Joaquin originally but was put off by the fact it would be difficult to add more shelves hence why I went for the other type with the slopping top. There are plenty of holes ready to add more shelves, I am thinking that it may even be possible to add to shelves to each cabinet. But that is a long way off in the future. :D

We love Ikea! :smitten:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby bradley » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:46 am
Hi, everyone!!!!!!!!Glad you like my cabinets...But it is not my job but a friend´s...I am too clumsy to do it!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) I will try to take a better pic so you can see it better, Brad...Meanwhile, let´s see if this pics can help you
can't really tell what those things are. little clamp clips or something.
Where did you get the extra glass shelve from? did you have to get that cut? You can see my smurf cabinets below with all the un-used space between shelves. I was going to look at trying to add additional shelves but what I actually want to do to fill the space is get some acrylic tiered stands/steps made up into rows of about 7 or 8. This is an example: Image So the smurfs standing at the back can be seen as well. I haven't got around to that yet but I think that should look quite good.

I noticed in the latest Ikea catalogue that they have changed these cabinets we have to a black top and base! Not happy about that. If I buy anymore down the track, they won't match now. I brought this type of cabinet because I knew that they'd always have them so that I'd be able to buy more... Rachels amazing cabinets have already been discontinued. I don't think they are in the catalogue anymore.

Brad.

Postby smurfieduck » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:52 am
Great cabinets, Brad!! The tiered steps sound a wonderful idea - they would definitely show off your smurfies well. :-D
smurfieduck :-)

Carry on Smurfin' - and have a Smurfin' good day!!!!

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:23 am
what I actually want to do to fill the space is get some acrylic tiered stands/steps made up into rows of about 7 or 8. This is an example: Image So the smurfs standing at the back can be seen as well. I haven't got around to that yet but I think that should look quite good.
Well when you know how you can get hold of these stands Brad, let me know :D

My cabinets don't come from Ikea but I do have the problem of not being able to see the Smurfs at the back very well :???: You'll see for yourself on Friday :D

It's a shame Ikea have discontinued the cabinets in the colour you already have :banghead:
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Pitufo » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:23 am
Hi, Brad!!!!!!I am not sure which is the word in english, but I have looked at the dictionary, and it say "clamps" or "brackets"...And the extra glass-shelves I bought them...I took the mesurements and ordered them
JOAQUÍN

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:39 am
Joaquin, your english is very very good, you work things out very well :D

Brad, i remember your original thread about your cabinets and they looked great back then, it is a shame you wont be able to buy the same ones, but maybe you can get something similar, as i am sure your collection is going to grow and grow 8-) 8-)

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:55 am
I built my own cabinets except cutting the glass. The time to build were about 4 hours so not that much work. The bigger cabinet holds about 1000 figures.
I can rearrange in any position I want ... so very comfortable

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:05 am
:shock: That looks fantastic Tine, you are very clever :D

All those Bundesliga's too............. :smitten:

I admire your work and your collection :worship: :worship: :worship:

Page 1 of 2

Login