Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:16 am
I have been going through my collection and recording everything recently and have so far gone through all of the regulars and supers. Now I am up to the Playsets and thought I would share some of my discoveries with you guys as I don't think the Playsets have been fully explored in the past.

I have done the first 3 playsets so far which are probably the most difficult ones to do and over the next week I will add one per day starting with:

1. GARDEN ACCESSORIES

------------
BOXES
------------

1. older box without number (German)
2. older box with number 1 (German/French)
3. older box with number 1 (English)

4. older box "SMURF GARDEN PLAYSET!!" (English)

4. blue polkadot box

----------------------------
Tables, Chairs & Stools
----------------------------

all with no markings

1. Dark Green, Table slightly taller
2. green
3. light green, Table slightly shorter
4. Dull Brown, Table slightly taller
5. shiny red-brown, Table slightly shorter

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:17 am
1. GARDEN ACCESSORIES

-----------
Ladders
-----------

Image Image

all have no markings

1. dark green
2. green
3. light green

3. thick light brown, smooth sides

4. medium light brown
5. medium brown (old Windmill)
6. medium red-brown

7. skinny light brown
8. skinny brown
9. skinny very dark brown (new Windmill)
10. skinny white (Alfred J Kwak Windmill)

-------------------
Wheelbarrows
-------------------

1. green - W Germany CE
2. green - Schleich Emblem (don't have)
3. very dark green - Schleich Emblem (don't have)

4. dull brown, wider Wheels & thicker Handles - Schleich Emblem W Germany
5. shiny brown, wider Wheels - Schleich Emblem W Germany
6. shiny brown, thinner Wheels - Schleich Emblem W Germany
7. dull brown Wheelborrow, thinner Wheels - Schleich Emblem W Germany
8. brown Wheelborrow, thinner Wheels - W Germany CE
9. shiny brown Wheelborrow, thinner Wheels - W Germany CE

I know some of these are not directly from the playsets but since they are the same items I thought I should include them anyway as these pieces will probably end up getting sold seperately later on and it's good to group them all in one place.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:18 am
....actually if you go to the picture of all of the Ladders laying flat next to each other....and then use the mouse on the side bar to flick the pic up and down....it's actually quite trippy.....yes, it's true....I have no life do I?

Dyar

Postby Fram » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:20 am
Just to let you know that I have the green wheelbarrow with Schleich emblem, so that if you need confirmation, yes it exists!
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Rachel » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:12 am
As always Dyar, what a fantastic report, great detail and fab pics. I look forward to reading the rest of it. :D
and then use the mouse on the side bar to flick the pic up and down....it's actually quite trippy
Coooooool. :cool: :razz:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]
Postby steveparkes » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:27 am
Hi Dyar..I have a different one to the ones you listed

Garden Accessories

older box WITHOUT number 1 (English)

Long, long ago, deep in the forest, there was a hidden village where tiny creatures lived. They called themselves the Smurfs. They were good.

http://www.nationalfriends.co.uk

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:01 am
Great report Dyar :D

I don't have any of those playsets yet.

Raelene

Postby Fram » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:05 am
Well, it would have been very quick if you had acquired one in the one minute in between :-D :o
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby SA Smurfette » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:15 am
:haha:

I could'nt delete the second one Fram as you already posted after me :)

Maybe someone will get rid of it for me :D

Raelene

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:57 am
Thanks Steve...I haven't seen that one before or if I have I had forgotten it so thanks for posting it...I have added that to the list. How many playsets have this variation in the writing Steve?....do you or anyone else know?

Fram, I knew those ones existed but I am still on the hunt for those green Schleich Emblem wheelbarrows....also the green Ladders as I don't have any of those either.

I was just surprised that there were so many different types of Ladders as I thought the brown ones were all the same. I have 2 more that I can't reach so I haven't been able to check those ones yet to see if they are any different to these ones.

If anyone else sees anything different or an error in my report then please let me know so I can update these posts.....the earlier reports I have done were made so much better by Fram and others who found variations to what I originally posted.

Thanks

Dyar
Postby attombomb7 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:37 am
EXCELLENT report DYAR!! VERY INTERESING!! AND great information for us all!! as collectors!!

I personally love that blue set!! its not that common?? but nice and how you noticed the different variations even on those ladders!

you did how ever miss these 2???

Image Image

I'm not sure if they were from Hong Kong?? or??? :) :) :) :)

I got them at some fleamarket...oops :neener: isn't that someone else's line???
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby attombomb7 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:38 am
just in case..someone new to smurfs reads this ...the above two are silly joke:)
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:36 am
LOL Attom....now they are pretty trippy looking ones :)

Here's the next one

2. FENCES

----------
BOXES
----------

1. older box with number 2 (German/French)
2. older box with number 2 (English)
3. older box “SMURF FENCE PLAYSET!!” (English)
4. blue polkadot box
5. blue polkadot box, composite set with Gate

(only 3 of these boxes are shown in the pics....cos I don't have the other ones :( )

There seems to be 5 different types of Fences that you get in any one of these playsets. There are 3 different long ones and 2 different short ones. (see pic for all 5 different ones together).

----------
Fences
----------

From darkest to lightest

1. dark dull brown - no markings
2. dull brown - Schleich S Germany CE
3. dull light brown - no markings
4. shiny red-brown - no markings
5. tan (Alfred J Kwak) - Schleich S CE
Image Image

I have used an affect to lighten some of these pics up hopefully to show the shades a bit better and give you guys a clearer look. I have discovered 5 clear variations in the Fences.......now my collection is not the be-all and end-all and neither are these reports so perhaps there are more out there still...but I hope you guys can still learn something from this and find them a little bit interesting too. I have never really looked at the Playsets so I am learning about them while I do these listings for my own personal Catalogue so I can see what I have and what I still need to look for. Here are some pics.....

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:42 am
-----------------
Log Stumps
-----------------

I used to think that there were only 2 types of log stumps that are used to support the Fences but I was wrong. The main variations are the older style ones where the Fences slide on the Tree Stump supports from the top down....and the newer versions where they have slits in the sides of the Tree Stumps. However there are a few shade variations as well.

old style
1. dark green - Schleich Emblem W Germany
2. green - Schleich Emblem W Germany
3. light green - Schleich Emblem W Germany
4. dark brown (Alfred J Kwak) - Schleich S W Germany CE

new style
5. dull light brown, slits in sides only (new style) - Schleich S W Germany
6. shiny dark brown, slits in sides only (new style) - Schleich S W Germany

Here are some more pics....hope I don't stuff the forum up with all of these pics :o

Image Image

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:08 am
3. Gate Playset

I have 8 Gates in my collection but I couldn't get to one of them so i was unable to compare that one....however I think it's strange that all 7 of the rest were different...how can this be?.....and if my 7 are all different how many other ones would there be out there?

Here are the descriptions:
---------
Gates
---------

- W Germany Schleich Emblem

1. lighter grey-brown Poles, light brown Gates & Arch
dark green Base, very dark waxy-yellow Lantern

2. darker grey- brown Poles, glossier brown Gates/Arch
green Base, bright yellow Lantern

3. shiny brown Poles, red-brown Gates/Arch
lighter green Base, dull yellow Lantern

4. grey Poles, dull brown Gates/Arch, Mushrooms unpainted, very dark green Base,
dull light yellow Lantern

- Schleich S W Germany CE

5. glossier brown Poles, shiny red-brown Gates/Arch
lighter red Mushrooms, light green Base,
dark waxy yellow Lantern

6. duller brown Poles, shiny red-brown Gates/Arch
lighter red Mushrooms, light green Base,
lighter waxy yellow Lantern

7. shiny dark brown Poles, tan coloured Gates/Arch,
dark maroon Mushrooms, dark green Base
no hooks for Lantern or Bell (Alfred J Kwak)

I am wondering if no.4 with the Greay Poles are actually unpainted (raw) ones. I am thinking of maybe stripping the paint on one underneath to see what colour they are under the brown paint. I have always wondered where these have come from and the thought of them being rohling Gate poles seems to make as much sense as anything.

It was also interesting to note that the Kwak ones do not have hooks for the Lantern or Bell....like the Kwak buildings and other items they seem to have less features than the smurf ones.

Image Image

Postby attombomb7 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:50 am
Hi dyar!

this is the most amazing info I have ever seen! WELL DONE!!

excellant research!! this will enhance this hobby and I think that you have uncovered details that should have been noticed long ago!

wonderful! this should all be catalogued!... this is so helpful!

you know what?????

... I think now that you have noticed all these new variations

its like discovering a new species.. we should call these the DYAR

collection accessories! .. and you should decide a value for them since you are the one who knows how hard some are to find!..

this has excited me alot... great !!!:)

we can all triple our collections and more..yahooOO!!!!! and keep hunting!
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:05 am
I agree with Attom totally, I think you have documented and discovered way more info about the playsets, buildings and boxes especially than has ever been done before. Dyar, you really need a website to show this info on but just the fact you are posting it here for us all to see is FANTASTIC.

:adore: :worship: :adore: :worship: :adore: :worship: :adore: :worship:
Why is it called "common sense" when it is so rare.......
[Blue Imps Smurf Collection] [Bass Clef Strings] [Your Page]

Postby aussiesmurfer » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:19 pm
This is great info Dyar!

I hope you are able to get a website up and running soon, with your collection and information on it I'm sure it will be considered one of the best!
:D

Trish

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:59 pm
Thanks Attom, Rach & Trish for the kind words....I was thinking that maybe people thought I was being silly by doing this but I am glad that it was of some interest. I scaled back the report on the Gates incase people thought I was insane or something.....Mrs Dyar thinks I am but how would she know right? :-?

Last night I may of set up a good deal for me with 3 variations of the Garden Accessories (minus the Wheelbarrow unfortunately). However they feature the Ladder & Table & Chairs in the dark green, green & the light green which would be cool if it all works out. I have also been told that the very dark green furniture is actually a Kwak item.....can anyone confirm or deny this? Personally I can't say one way or the other so I have only taken that info on board at the moment and hope to find some hard proof down the line.

Thanks again for the encouragement guys :D

Dyar

Postby Little lucie @ Simon » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:37 am
Wow Dyar, thanks for sharing your info and pictures with us. I never realised that there were that many variations to these playsets. :D Lucie
Page 1 of 3

Login