Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 3 of 3
Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:06 pm
Can I just ask when you say 'tree swing' do you mean the one which is num 162 in der katalogue IV p329?

Also where were they produced, from the 'spiel' on the box, I'd guess Germany?
Hi Helen

I don't have the Katalog handy at the moment but I am guessing it's the one you think it is...it's the pencil holder one. I have the box for the smurf one but I bought the Kwak one in a lot with other smurfs and only recently found out that one variation is actually the Kwak one.....actually I think the one with the green paint around the bottom is actually the smurf one and the other with just the brown is the Kwak one (will fix the above post where I got them back to front).

From what I hear...the Swing on the Trapeze version on p329 of the Katalog is not an official item and is from people combining both the Trapeze super and the swing from the Tree Swing pencil holder.

I will check out the Spiel box tonight to let you know what they say...I am pretty sure they are all Germany CE markings from memory but will get back to you.

I also forgot that I had the Kwak Hammock as well which is pretty much the same except for a different shade....I got it without the Hammock cloth bit but I am guessing the cloth is probably the same as the smurf one anyway.

Dyar

Postby Smurf1303 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:38 pm
Oh right, pencil pot then is 161 in the cataologue. Re the combination of swing & trapeze tree guess that would make sense otherwise hard to see where would fit in the releases (as more like super smurf but no box)

Thanks for info, like to have things just so in my head!

Helen

Postby Syd Smurf » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:22 pm
Just thought I would post this pic of the 4th variation discovery of the green furniture for the record.

So now we have:

dull light green

bright light green

green

very dark green

If I come across anymore I will let you guys know

Dyar

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:03 pm
Hey, guys, where's Western Set and Smurfette's bedroom? I saw a smurfette's bedroom on sale over ebay a few months back with a bidding war exceeding $150. It was the original W. Berrie version and looked a lot nicer (with the Smurfette with brush as its figure instead of the smurfette at vanity).

I finally found a western set and am pleased. But, I hear there was an older W. Berrie version that is much sought after.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 pm
I finally found a western set and am pleased. But, I hear there was an older W. Berrie version that is much sought after.
There is an older Western playset as well...unfortunately I don't have the older S/ette's Bedroom or older Western playset but I wish I did. :(

Dyar

Postby Nivid » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:13 am
another nice post :-D

full of good info for us :cool:
Nivid :hiya:

Postby Fram » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:50 am
Dyar, I only now realised that part of this report (sets 7 to 10, the combined ones, and some additions) have been lost in the great crash of may-june. Is there a possibility that you could repost your info?
Anyway, I came across the English only version of playset 9 (lift truck), and while it is way too expensive, I thought this was the right place to show it.
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby eggie smurf » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:58 am
I thought I had this version, but I checked my list and mine is the German (I think?) version...and was definitely not as much as that auction. :-?

And three of the English versions just sold on ebay for only $20.50US, much better deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6000567855
:dory: Staci :dory:

Postby DrunkSmurf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:25 pm
I bought a lift truck in 1981 new (from a department store), but it didn't come with flour sacks. Did I buy an unlucky bad batch, or was it not always released with flour bags? Actually, I don't remember--I may have bought an open box set with the pieces stolen. But, did anyone else possibly buy it new without getting the sacks?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:34 pm
They didn't all come with the wheat sacks. Some people have bought them from my spares section.

http://www.kittyscavern.com/shop/catego ... gory_id=56

I was doing a special price for forum members though so if you decide you want some in the future then just pm me and I will let you know the forum price. :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:47 pm
Dyar, I only now realised that part of this report (sets 7 to 10, the combined ones, and some additions) have been lost in the great crash of may-june. Is there a possibility that you could repost your info?
Hi Fram

Sorry..I only just saw this request for some reason. I have all of the info & pics still so I will complete later today.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:37 pm
8. SNAIL & CART PLAYSET

-----------------
SNAILS
-----------------

1. HONG KONG - lighter red Snail, light yellow Shell

2. HONG KONG - red Snail, yellow Shell

3. HONG KONG - darker red Snail, darker yellow Shell

4. W Germany Schleich S - smaller Snail, dark yellow Shell

5. W Germany CE - smaller Snail, light yellow Shell

6. ? - blue Snail

-----------------
CARTS
-----------------

1. HONG KONG - Cart lighter coloured, Wheels lighter brown, Trailer at the back butter yellow.

2. Germany CE - Cart darker coloured, Wheels darker brown, Trailer at the back lemon yellow.

------------
BOXES
------------

1. older box with number 8 (German/French)
2. older box with number 8 (English)
3. blue polkadot box
4. blue polkadot box, composite set w/ Mushroom (still trying to get this one)

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:49 pm
9. FORKLIFT PLAYSET

-----------------
FORKLIFT
-----------------

1. W Germany CE -

I only have 2 of these and they were bought from the same seller hence they have the same markings and are identical. I will add to this if I come across anything different to the ones I have.

Some of these were sold without the Wheat Sacks and some of them with....the ones I bought had the Wheat Sacks. I will deal with the Wheat Sacks in Playset 10.

------------
BOXES
------------

1. older box with number 8 (German/French)
2. older box with number 8 (English)

These have so far not been released in the newer blue polkadot designed boxes.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:06 pm
10. COVEYORBELT PLAYSET

-----------------
CONVEYOR BELTS
-----------------

1. no markings - green belt

Once again I was unable to give great info on these as I only have one complete Conveyor Belt and one without the rubber belt part due to these being quite hard to find or expensive when they do come along. I searched these for a while but couldn't find any markings which is unusual....but if anyone can see any then please let me know and I will go and get my eyes tested.

If you see these with different coloured belts (yellow,red, white, blue etc) then these are fake belts. The green rubber part is notorious for stretching and tearing so some sellers have come up with the idea to add a fake piece instead and they usually go for high prices too.

I have a couple of different shades in the Wheat Sacks, As far as I am concerned I believe the grey-ish beige ones come from the Miller whereas the ones from the playset are more yellowish. I also have Miller Smurfs with a yellow Wheat Sack

------------
BOXES
------------

1. older box with number 10 (German/French)
2. older box with number 10 (German/French/English)

This is the rarest Playset of the 10 featured in these sets and was only released in the older boxes.

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 am
Okay, now that we have covered the 1-10 of smaller Playsets I thought I might have a stab at the bigger Playsets which I have heard being labelled as SUPER PLAYSETS....not sure if this is commonly used or not but it's a name I suppose to describe these larger items. To do this I will be asking some others privately to contribute with certain photos and info as I come to it. If I can get the support of others then we might come up with something decent that might be interesting.

:cheers:

Dyar

Postby Syd Smurf » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:26 am
1. GARGAMEL'S LAB

I have 2 different versions of the Gargamel's Playset so I will show the difference between the 2....it would be nice to buy lots of these and check for differences but maybe that's where everyone here can check what they have and contribute anything they might have that is different.

First of all there are 2 different boxes...that I know of. One is the older version with a "1" on the box and the newer blue smurf polkadot version without a number.

GARGAMEL

1. OLD - darker peach Skin, PVC dull black - W Germany Schleich S
2. NEW - paler Skin, PVC shiny black - Germany CE

TABLES & STOOLS

1. OLD - red brown - W Germany Schleich S
2. NEW - brown - W Germany Schleich S

STOVE

Not too much differences between the Stoves.

1. OLD - slightly darker grey Bricks, red brown Wood Parts - W Germany Schleich S
2. NEW - slightly lighter grey Bricks, brown Wood Parts - W Germany Schleich S

Besides the Gargamels the main differences really come with the little orange & green plastic accessories that come with this playset.

PLASTIC ACCESSORIES

1. OLD - very dark orange, dark green, waxy darker yellow - no markings

2. NEW - light orange, lighter green, lemon yellow - no markings

Here are the pics....the older version will always feature on the left in every photo and the newer CE version on the right.

The older Gargamel on the left is actually darker than the pic shows.

Note the different arrangement of the small plastic pieces on the older and newer boxes.

Postby Fram » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:12 am
Something strange... The old English boxes normally have the numbers 1 to 10 and a descriptive title. 1= Smurf Garden Playset!!, 2 = Smurf Fence playset!!, and so on.
Now, these auctions sell boxes , but the text is the same as box 1, "Smurf Garden Playset!!" instead of "Smurf Fence playset!!" or whatever... A silly variation, I know, but it is yet another box!

:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby samismurf » Tue May 02, 2006 6:55 pm
wowowo nice playset i wish i have only one lol congrat for your collection
sam the deal finder :sherlock:

Postby bwalters » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:56 am
I got four playsets this morning in the mail. All four of them still with the mold frames attached to the parts. I was very impressed. I now have two sailboat playset in the box. They are diffrent boxes but you all probibly already know about them. The pic's didn't show up on this post when I attemped to look through it. So I will just assume that you have all seen them and put them on my flickr page not here. Bill
Page 3 of 3

Login