Home of the Smurf Community

Slightly more serious topics for smurf collectors including promo smurfs, smurfy discoveries, unlicensed smurfs, playsets, smurfy items etc
Page 1 of 3
Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 am
Hello,

my name is André and I just joined as a member. I live in Sweden and have been collecting smurfs for a long time now and have a couple of questions for you all. Gerda told me to join here to be able to get some answers on the more tricky questions.

For the moment my interest concerns the boxes and the variations of these. I will start with the large houses and the cottages.

I just bought a large smurfhouse in a National-box. I call these boxes National-boxes because there was a small poster in the box which says: "Smurf Fun House. Here´s the Smurf Fun House to make your Smurf family really feel at home. Smurfs from National." On this "poster" you can see many Smurfs and one playset. But it says" Start your Smurf collection now from these models, and there´s more to come."

These boxes which I believe was sold in England has the word Smurf in large red letters on them. As you can see on my box on the lower left corner. Do anyone know if there is a similair box for the smurfcottage aswell? And maybe for Smurfettes cottage? And which playsets was sold in these boxes? I have playset #2 in a english box.

If anyone have a housebox that is not on the picture I would like to know. Then I will know what to look for.

Notice the difference in size between the Hongkong-printed boxes, (which is the smaller ones on the top), and the Germany-printed ones.

I also let the Italian fakehouse in, because of the picture on the front which is the same as the Schleich ones.

I will get back with a picture of the Large buildings and the playsets etc.

Thanks a lot and have great 2009.
/André

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:24 am
Hi Andre. :hiya: I can't answer your question about the boxes as I haven't got many. I can tell you that back in the late 70s/early 80s smurfs were available in National petrol stations. They later moved into toy shops and then disappeared from the UK altogether until the MacDonalds Happy Meals in the 90s and 2000. :D

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:25 am
Hi Hilary,

here is a second picture. This one is of the boxes released for the Farm, Windmill and Gargamels castle.

I know there is a polkadot-box with the grey windmill and also the Alfred J. Kwak-box for the windmill.

I let the Farmbox for Kwak in because many collectors see this as a smurfitem. Personally I love the Kwak-items and collect because they fit perfectly with the smurfs.

If there is other boxes, please let me know.

And Hilary, do you think all the supersmurfboxes with the big red smurfwords are the ones sold in the Nationalpetrolstations? Such as Supersmurfsport- and supersmurf-boxes? These boxes seems printed in Germany and have the same articlenumber as the german ones. The Hongkong-printed boxes ( W.Berrie) has a different articlenumber.

Brgds/André

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 am
for the farmhouse there is another version existing for Spain.
For the Kombi-Playsets there is also a french version available.

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:41 am
you wouldn´t have a picture of them?

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:49 am
Hi again,

Picture #3.

This one is on the superplaysets. I have the Applause-version of Smurfettes bedroom but as you see I don´t have the box.

Here is also the box for kwak´s landscape.

Where there any superplaysetboxes printed in Hongkong ( W. Berrie) except #3 and 4?

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:04 pm
Picture #4

The playset-boxes.

How many of these where printed in Hongkong. I think number 1 to 9. I have number 1,5,7,8 and 9.

But I have never seen nr 10 with the writing in English.

Number 6, the petrol-station, was that released by W.Berrie?

How many was released for "National", english box ? As you see I have playset number 2.

/André

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:22 pm
no pics for that. I do not collecting the house and such stuff that much.
I have the Applause bedroom set with box and afaik there are only #3 and #4 made by Applause
Maybe Christy or Gerda are the experts :) :)

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:22 pm
Hello,

This is the last picture.

It is just for "Show-off", I hope that is the correct word. :)

But i just love these boxes all together like this. And for smurfcollectors this is great pictures, so you can see what is possible to find. I didn´t unpack the supersmurfboxes so this will be a later topic.

Do anyone know how many of the supersmurfs was released in the Applause lightblue box. I have 2.

Please let me know if there are any more boxes out there which I don´t have.

Thanks in advance and I hope many collectors will have use off these pictures. Hoping to here from you all soon.

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:28 pm
Hi Cheesy,

lucky you. I have been looking for that box a long time. And in my opinion the Smurfettes bedroom in the applause colours( and the more genuine solid feeling of it) is one of my top 5 items for the smurfs.

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:21 pm
Cheesy,

You said something about a french version of the kombi-boxes. I have never heard about them. Do you know how they look? Are they almost the same or is there a big difference?

As I have discussed with Gerda long time ago the combisets nr 1 and 2 have changed articlenumber during they where released. First they had the numbers 4.0601 and 4.0602, the same as Gargamels laboratory and Smurfettes bedroom. But I don´t think they where in production at the same time. And after that, when they released nr 3 and 4, they changed the material of the inside of the box and also changed the numbers to 4.0701, 4.0702, 4.0703 and 4.0704. So on my boxes I have articlenumber 4.0602 and on Gerdas box she has a sticker over it with the new number 4.0702.

Brgds/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:30 pm
Hi Andre,
:welcome: to the forum and thanks for the great pictures

Maybe this will help....
Dyar did some very good reports on the different boxes a few years ago

Supersmurf boxes
http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=1705

Playset boxes
http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=3431

Cottage reports
http://www.forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=1883

He also has a great site which is pretty up to date of the boxes he has

http://www.geocities.com/sgtpapas/super ... page1.html

In regards to the Applause super smurfs, I think there are five (not sure though)

I know there is a new box now for the houses and the super smurfs.
I only got an example of the super smurfs
These were released this year :D

I hope this helps a bit.

I like the box with the old Bully house and also the National garage box.
Do you have a picture of that sticker?
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:48 pm
Hi Maureen,

I hope it is Ok with Gerda but here is the picture she send me. I don´t know if you can see that it is a sticker because of the resize. I can email it to you otherwise.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I have emailed Dyar also about different subject, but this was before that.

Do you know which five? The applause-box.

Lovely new box. Is it like that now everywhere or is it just like that in some countries?

Thanks and nice pic. If you want I can send a picture of the articlenumber on my boxes.

Just let me know/André

Postby SmurfingH » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:53 pm
Wow! Impressive collection Andre! :-D :) I hope you find the answers you were looking for. I don't much about this myself yet.

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:59 pm
Hi again Maureen,

I had to check my Schleich-catalougue for 2008. In it the boxes look the same. Now you really making it interesting. Is it 2009-realeses? Probably not, because you have one. This only mean one thing.

I have to go to the store tomorrow and check this years boxes.

Or I could email Schleich, but that is not that fun.

/André

Postby André » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:26 pm
Hi,

I have another interesting question for you smurfcollectors. Maybe it is a old topic. I don´t know if you have discussed it before.

Have you looked closely in catalouge IV on the smurfcottages?

Then you notice that the old versions of the cottages have articlenumber 40011 red, 40012 green, 40013 blue, 40014 pink roofs.

If you look at the new versions the articlenumbers are 49011 red/orange, 49012 green/yellow, 49013 blue/red and 49014 red/purple roof.

But I have never seen this 49012. Does this really excist? This would be great. A cottage with a green/yellow roof.

/André

Postby Smurfysmurf » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 pm
I found the box in the store in Germany. I think they are slowly replacing the old one with the other one, which may have to do with Peyo changing their trademark to Peyo creations :D

I think Staci found a box like this for a smurf house on ebay, and I think Christy found them in a store in Belgium :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby André » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:52 am
Thanks Maureen,

I have bought the new ones today. The boxes are different in many ways. The top of the old polkadotboxes has the painted smurflandscape, the new ones has the picture of the house on top. The back of the new boxes has the warningmessage for smallparts all over in many languages. But the content is still the same.

Here is a picture of the boxes.

/André

Postby André » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:01 am
here is a picture of the 3 different variations of polkadotboxes for supersmurfs that I have found.

1. The smurfhead with peyo under.
2. The smurf with a circle around and smurf, schlumpf, puffo, pitufo and schtroumpf written inside.
3. The new one with Peyo creations.

/André

Postby Gerda » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:54 am
Hi Andre nice to see you made it to the forum, i'm sure everyone on here can help youmore than I could in the past!! and yes it is ok to use my pictures!
here is the picture of the farm box I bought this in Italy back in the mid 90's. I find it interesting that they would come out with so many different boxes just to be able to release it in different country's

gerda
happily smurfing along
Page 1 of 3

Login